Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Welcome!

Hello everyone! Welcome to our blog for our up coming CDT thru-hike!!  As you will notice, at this point the blog is bare and very minimal- I'm still working to get it set up.  But I plan to blog and put pictures on here as we hike. 
  Tomorrow morning we fly to San Diego, where we will spend the weekend at PCT kickoff party, and make our way to NM at the end of the weekend, arriving there Monday morning. We have a ride to the Mexico/New Mexico border lined up for first thing Tuesday morning, May 1st!! :) From the border, we will begin our hike north, nearly 3,000 miles!!
  The CDT is a whole different world from the AT, and I am so excited for the new challenges and excitement that is ahead for us.  That bring said, as you can see, I'm writing this at 11pm before a 7 am flight and have been a bit disorganized in preparing for this trip and have had lots of last minute details to put together.
  I look forward to sharing our journey here and hope you will enjoy following our progress.
  Happy trails and thank you for reading,
-Jetpack (Happy to be using m trail name again!)

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog, I'll see you guys tomorrow. I'm leaving at three in the morning, getting to morena at five, getting a ride to the border and trail running back. I should beat you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know who you are, but would love to follow.
    check out who I am at caminoadventure2010.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete